Saturday, April 11, 2009

A general update

It's been a long time (3 full months) since I have been on blogger. This is mostly to do with my Facebook. I love Facebook. I have a problem blogging on Blogger because I am always checking my Facebook. There, see? The first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. :)

Things in general have been going well, although there are still a few kinks to work out. We have been paying off a lot of our debts and while we still have some left to go, we are further along than before to being out of debt. So that's a good thing. I am working hard to break into the world of wedding photography. I will post a seperate update on that a little later.

I'm going to a weekly swing dance in Atlanta called Hot Jam (more about which I will also post in a seperate entry). It is wonderful to be dancing again. It gets me motivated to keep working off these left over baby pounds that haven't gone away since Emily was born. It is so great to get to have a good time with friends, dance to good music and recharge after a day of being a work from home mom!

Jake has been working for Ben Hill Roofing since December. I am so grateful, in this horrible economy where people are losing their jobs right and left, or can't get hired anywhere, that he is able to work. I thank God everyday that He has provided for us through this job. He is truly all sufficient and provides our needs. We have so much to be thankful for.

Our 8 year old daughter is going to be baptized next Sunday. We are so proud and happy for her decision to accept Christ! He is doing things in her life even now while she is but a child and I love to see Him work in her. I wonder all the time what profession she will choose to follow as she gets older. Like most 8 year olds, if you ask her you will always get a different answer. She loves ballet and at one time wanted to be a dancer and then a dance teacher when she was too old to dance (her words, not mine!) but it has been a while since we have been able to afford dance classes for her and I think she is realizing that she has more of a free spirit than would suit a prima ballerina. She used to watch the pointe class girls when we would pass the studio on Marietta Square and often commented how she felt sad for them that they couldn't do things with their friends or play outside because they had to be training and practising. She has always shown thought and wisdom WAY beyond her years.

There is more going on, but that's all I have time for just now. Emily is walking and getting into everything, so I stay busy chasing after her and keeping her changed and fed and occupied. A mom's work is never done!

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment