Sarah McCabe over at The Aspiring Sub-creator gave me the Versatile Blogger award!
Thank you, Sarah! I'm glad you enjoyed my Hugh Laurie Birthday post. And I'm glad you also knew him from A Bit of Frye and Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster. (How I love BBC). :) And thank you also for good wishes for my own birthday.
So the rules are:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you. (See above.)
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 0-100 deserving blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Here's my 7 random:
1. At this moment, my toenails are painted Cotton Candy Pink (Avon speed-dry enamel). Pink toenails are the girliest thing ever.
2. My favorite chocolate indulgence is a Cadbury's Turkish Dairy Milk bar. I have a good friend in England who ships them to me a few times a year, since they are so hard to find here.
3. Although it's a bit obvious from my blog name that peacocks are my favorite bird, owls come in as a close second favorite.
4. When I was 7 I won first place award in the entire elementary school for an essay I wrote, about "What Easter Means To Me".
5. I've got a BH&G scented candle on my nightstand that is pretty awesome. Shimmering Cherry Blossom. Smells so good.
6. As long as I feel safe, I love to watch thunderstorms rage outside. Ultimate goal = living where I can watch them rage at the beach. Awesomeness.
7. When I was in labor with my son and doped up on pain killers, I told my husband to leave the hospital, drive across town to Tucker, GA and return a green bowl that I had borrowed from our church pianist's wife. He knew I didn't really want him to leave the ROOM while I was having the baby, let alone the hospital. We don't know where near Tucker the pianist and his wife lived. I never borrowed a green bowl from them. In fact, she told me later that they don't even have a green bowl I could have borrowed if I'd wanted to. Ah, the joys of IV meds during childbirth!
And now on to passing along the award!
Chris at Where The Pavement Ends blogs about everything from mudding trucks, to summertime in TN, to preparing for his upcoming wedding. I'd say that's plenty versatile.
Pamela at From The House Of Edward was one of the first blogs I started following, and they don't get any more versatile than hers. Every post is an enchanting mix of beautiful images and carefully chosen words. The whole blog is simply decadent. Posts on everything from the blog's namesake (a shaggy and wonderful sheepdog named Edward), to book recommendations, to the perfect rain coat, the Royal Wedding, tree houses and trips to Scotland. Just. Gorgeous.
Su at Cheekyness is a student, runner, reader and writer, among many other things. I love her blog, and she always leaves the sweetest comments on my posts.
Adam at Meet Adam Jones has been a friend of mine for 15+ years or so. Not only is his blog versatile (and hilarious), he's a pretty versatile human being in and of himself and I am always richer for my time spent talking with him.
There were going to be 5 recipients, but some of the others that I love and follow either have taken a break for the summer, or already have the versatile blogger award. So visit these 4 and show them some love and attention.