Su at Cheekyness awarded me this super cute award! Thank you, Su!
The rule is to list 5 books/films/TV shows that I've experienced in the last 12 months. Since I don't watch TV, and I read more than I watch movies, I'll do 3 books and 2 movies:
1. Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic- This book has completely changed how I look at my life and how I intend to live the rest of it! If you haven't read this, please get ahold of a copy ASAP! It's wonderful!
2. Marriage On The Rock by Jimmy Evans- Another life changing book, this one dealing with how marriages are in the world today and how they should be. It's a hard one to get through if you are going through painful issues, but so so so worth it in the end. I'm constantly referring back to it for recommended scripture passages, practical advice and calming encouragement.
3. Mr. Monk On The Road by Lee Goldberg- If you've seen the USA TV show Monk, you don't want to miss this series of novels! Lee Goldberg is a brilliant writer and the Monk novels are like new episodes, only they play out in your head rather than on the screen. They are so hilarious and more than once my family has asked "What are you laughing at?" I'm still waiting to get the new one, Mr. Monk On The Couch, but it's not at the library yet.
4. The King's Speech- I already wrote about how much I loved this in an earlier post regarding His Firthness, but I'll plug it again here too. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! He deserved that Oscar!
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1- I've read the books and now the movies are coming close to completion. Just another week until HPDH Part 2 is released. This last one made me cry in the first 5 minutes. I knew about Hermione having to distance herself from her parents for all of their safety, but I was not prepared for how it was handled in the movie!!! I know what to expect with this new one, and I'll be bringing along a box of tissues accordingly. I've loved watching the characters (and actors) grow up before my eyes, and I've appreciated that the series has brought together the best of the best in British acting talent.
So now I will pass on the award to 3 others:
Lilie Green, whose travel photos are just divine!
SuziQ's Threadworks, whose fabric art and talents are simply amazing!
2 Bags Full, whose knitted nests are super cute!
Be sure to check them out!