Monday, April 18, 2011

Owly Odyssey

Because the rest of his post contains a lot of profanity, I've chosen to post an excerpt here, for backstory, rather than a link.  Otherwise, my post won't make a bit of sense.  Well, it might make sense, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny.


My friend Adam Jones, whom I've known for 15 years, loves owls.  While out shopping one day, he found a resin owl that was the epitome of cuteness.  But a problem came up when Adam found this sticker on the bottom of it: "For Decorative Purposes Only"


Here is what Adam said in his post about it:
"The problem was that I don't like getting bossed around by a statue. I rebuked against his "For Decorative Use Only" label. I found other uses for him.And then I photographed them.
Culinary Purposes


Gambling Purposes


Sporting Purposes



Musical Purposes


Murderous Purposes

I think I'll call him Professor Featherbottom."


This post amused me very much.  So imagine my delight when I was out shopping and happened across this guy:




Naturally, I just couldn't help myself.  I took Adam's idea and ran with it.


For Communication Purposes

For Crafting Purposes

For Educational Purposes

Broker Owl is on NYSE website to help you with Financial Purposes

For Historical Reenacting Purposes

Historical Reenacting Purposes Close-up

For Medicinal Purposes*

For Rock Climbing Purposes

For Teatime Purposes

For Transportation Purposes
Thanks to Taylor Perry for posing with the Non-Decorative Purposes Owl yesterday.  
Adam: See all the trouble you've started?! ;)
If you've read all of my fair warnings about it's inappropriateness and still want to see Adam's blog, you can find it here.  


*I DO NOT advise or advocate the mixture of drugs with other drugs or alcohol.  The one for medicinal purposes was simply meant for humor.  That's not even wine in that bottle, because our family is a temperance family.  That's a bottle that Gran keeps extra olive oil in, for cooking.  Don't take cold medicine with olive oil either, though.  I'm sure that's probably a nasty combination too.

4 comments:

  1. Very funny! The owl is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to wonder about some of the weird warnings and notices that appear on some products. Are there people really that stupid? And if there are people that stupid are they able to read and understand those notices?


    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your other Owly obsessed friend approves of all of these owly shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie- I think about you all the time when I see owls in the store! :)

    ReplyDelete