Thursday, October 27, 2011

52 Weeks of Mail: Week 3

I didn't get as many of my letters written as I'd wanted to, but that's ok.  I have 49 more weeks in which to send out to Japan, Canada and everywhere else I've mentioned. :)

On Wednesday there were 3 bits of lovely mail in my mailbox:


1. From a penpal in MO, which oddly enough turned out to be another introductory letter, so she must not have gotten my reply a few weeks ago.  I will be writing her today to see what happened. :)
2. This BEAUTIFUL card from fellow blogger and 52 Week-er, Kendall, over at Happy Little Mailboxes.  The photo doesn't show it very well, but it is all sparkly with glitter too!  I had seen these cards in one of her previous posts and could not believe my good fortune when I was the recipient of one!!!  Thank you!!


3. Inside the box in the photo above was a bunch of these

from my friend Eddie in Leeds, UK.  I LOVE these things and can't get them here, so he sends me a box periodically.  I send him a box of Twizzlers in return when I can.  :)  Yay for sugary sweet swaps!

There wasn't any post for me on Thursday, but after Bible study I did mail out what I had ready:


It included a reply to my letter from Germany, one to Spain, a thank you card for the walnuts I received from the Poindexter Nut Co., a sticker decorated folded letter, a thank you to a local restaurant, and 3 postcards going to Ireland, OK, and OH. :)  9 pieces in total.

Don't forget, there is still time to enter my giveaway!  I will be choosing a winner sometime tomorrow.  And also remember that if you want to snail mail with me, you can email me at themodestpeacock@yahoo.com to swap addresses.  See you at the mailbox!

1 comment:

  1. I love the glitter. Those cards make me happy. I wish I had more in other country landmarks. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete