Monday, October 3, 2011

Courage For Today



cour·ageNoun/ˈkərij/

1. The ability to do something that frightens one.
2. Strength in the face of pain or grief.

I need courage today, because I'm having back x-rays done in an hour to see what needs to be done to fix a 3(+) year old injury.  It's not debilitating, but having lived with chronic pain for so long, my nerves are shot (and there is everything else that contributes, too), and if I am to get to a healthy and productive lifestyle like I want to, this needs to be seen about.

I also need courage, because I am applying for 4 job positions in an effort to become financially stable.  I know the economy is bad; I keep hearing people say that, but there are a few companies hiring and I have 4 kids to raise and dreams to achieve.  I need at least a modest cash flow to make both of those things happen.

In continuing with yesterday's praise of the movie Courageous, I'm posting Casting Crown's song to match for your Music Monday enjoyment.


What plans and dreams do you have for today that will take courage?




5 comments:

  1. This will sound very feeble compared to your need for courage, but I'm looking for the courage to throw things away. I need to keep reminding myself that I'm not throwing out the past (and thus diminishing it), but creating a better space for now based on that past. Maybe we are doing the same things after all. Good luck with the x-rays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a court case that we've appealed that goes to court today - actually it is happening as I write this. It takes courage to speak up and try and redress wrongs when everyone would just like you to shut up! I had back surgery when I was 29. I went through endless shit but, corny or not, it all led to the best things in my life.
    Jan Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the chronic back pain...hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosey- Not feeble at all! That takes great courage!
    Jan- I'll be praying that your court case gets the right outcome! Never be afraid to speak out for the truth!
    Marcy- Thanks, and hope yours gets better too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent quote!
    i use courage every day to go sub =)

    ReplyDelete