Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Looking Ahead: When My Kids Are Grown...

You know, I love my Cute Gremlins.  I really, really, really do.  But the fact is, they are not going to stay little forever.  They are my true riches and home, and yes, I know that the important things are not "things" of this world.  I get it.  However.  Sometimes I find myself letting my mind wander down the road a little ways.  What will my life look like in 5 years?  (Kids ages 8, 11, 16 and 18) 10 years?  (Kids ages 13, 16, 21 and 23) 20 years?? (Cripes!  Not kids anymore at 23, 26, 31 and 33!!!  Maybe we won't strain our brains and eyeballs trying to see quite that far.  But still...)

When my babies are grown and leave the nest, there are things that I want for me.  Goals that I am working toward.  Life still to be lived at it's fullest.  Here are a few of my dreams:

My own house.  This house.  "The Amerson", by Benchmark Homes.  I got to tour one in Powder Springs some years ago and I fell in love.


Cats.  I miss my Ashleykins very much.  When I'm in my own place (see above), I want two furry felines in my life.  And I want one of them to be a seal-point Siamese with bright blue eyes.


As long as we're adding pets, I also want an Old English Sheepdog.  This is in no small part thanks to reading Pamela and Edward's adventures together over at the From The House of Edward blog.  He is gorgeous and furry and I want me one. :)  Only, I want mine to have some grey in him like this dude.  He looks more like "Max" from Disney's The Little Mermaid.


And what's a house without music?  It needs one of these.  And I will take lessons to be able to play it.


And lastly (for this list, anyway), I want both of these for my world travels.  London, Paris, Hawaii, Seattle, Scotland, Bahamas....  each one is calling my name. :)



What about you?  What dreams do you have that have to be put on hold for now, but that you fully intend on realizing at some point in the future, should the good Lord tarry?

No comments:

Post a Comment